Biofutur Solar Vehicle
BIOFUTUR was formalized in 2004 alongside Grupo de Ingeniería y Arquitectura S.L. and Arquitectos Ingenieros SL. Since then, we have been a fundamental part of our country’s energy development, carrying out numerous photovoltaic installations in the national territory and on 3 more continents.
These projects have been implemented both on the ground and on industrial rooftops, contributing to the construction of over 70MW with several noteworthy works. Additionally, we are one of the founding partners of GRUPOSOLAR, a company dedicated to the assembly of photovoltaic modules.
Our involvement in R&D has led us to collaborate with Japanese, Chinese, German, and Spanish companies in the study, manufacturing, and commissioning of high-concentration photovoltaic modules. Likewise, we have developed engineering and put into operation dual-axis solar trackers, installing 26 units in the province of Valencia.
We have also participated commercially in a project involving thermal solar concentration boilers using modular and transportable Fresnel technology, an initiative with great potential that we continue to consider.
Acerca de SONO MOTORS
Sono Motors has been specializing in solar technology for vehicles since 2016.
Through the vehicle we have developed (the Sion), we have experience as an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and are certified as such by the German Federal Motor Transport Authority.
By installing BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE on their vehicles, transportation companies can offer their customers a cleaner and more reliable service, reducing emissions and noise pollution. Additionally, the companies benefit by contributing to their green footprint with BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE.
ELECTRICITY IN VEHICLES IS EXPENSIVE
ELECTRICITY IN INDUSTRIAL VEHICLES IS EXPENSIVE. SOLAR TRUCK. SOLAR BUS. SOLAR VAN.
Solar modules for trucks, buses, coaches, and vans on the roof.
- Electricity is an important aspect as vehicles consume a large amount of electricity, which is generated by the alternator. This is a highly inefficient process while the vehicle is being driven, which worsens when the vehicle is idling.
- What are the problems of generating electricity with vehicles?
- Electric energy in a vehicle is very expensive and polluting.
- A vehicle stopped due to a discharged battery is costly and provides poor service to customers.
- Running the vehicle’s engine at idle to generate electricity is extremely inefficient and causes significant wear.
- Battery technology did not keep up with technological advancements in vehicles, leading to frequent battery replacements.
- Thanks to solar technology for industrial vehicles as a support system, it has been possible to meet part of the electricity demand of vehicles with clean energy on board.
- The BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE is a photovoltaic system installed on the vehicle’s roof, reducing costs and emissions thanks to this solar technology in vehicles.
- Lower fuel consumption due to the installation of solar panels on coaches, buses, trucks, and vans.
- Less load on the engine and reduced idling times together save up to 5.5% of fuel in total.
- The procedure for installing solar panels on coaches, buses, trucks, and vans is easy and non-invasive, where the truck and trailer’s electrical wiring remains intact, practically talking about solar integration in buses, coaches, trucks, and vans.
- Both new and existing vehicles are compatible with BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE, meaning all coaches and trucks can have solar modules.
- Extended battery life thanks to solar energy contribution in coaches, trucks, and buses.
- Supported by intelligent charging methods of photovoltaic modules in vans, trucks, and buses of BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE, the truck’s battery life is significantly extended over time.
- Additional devices remain charged for much longer.
- The BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE can be used to charge additional devices such as lift gates and pallet jacks.
- Controlled via the cloud.
- Intelligent communication in the cloud provides the owner with a clear overview of the performance of BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE solar systems.
- The payback of the investment in BIOFUTUR SOLAR VEHICLE depends on the specific user case. In general, installing solar energy in coaches, vans, and trucks has a payback period of 3-4 years.