Solar Integration in 12-meter Diesel and Electric Buses
- Up to 7.7 kWh of energy output per day for a 12m electric bus1
- Powers auxiliary systems, e.g., HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning).
- Additional to other power consumption units
- Extends the range autonomy of electric buses.
- Up to 1,500 liters of fuel savings for a 12m diesel bus with the Solar Bus Kit2
- Can avoid emitting up to 4 tons of CO2 per year
- Potential payback time estimated at approximately 3-4 years4
Benefit from a technology that addresses current challenges in the sector:
- Limited range of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure
- Rising fuel and electricity prices
- Regulations and norms regarding emissions and urban pollution